We just released the 2019.5 update of Power Prompter. This is the 5th update this year (so the 5 has nothing to do with the month May – just a coincidence).
This update adds some smaller features. Namely:
- Min and max scroll speed settings that let you set the lower and upper bounds of allowable scroll speeds.
- Scroll speed units. Finally you don’t have to guess anymore. Power Prompter now displays speed in Lines/Sec, Lines/Min, Words/Sec or Words/Min. You can change the unit in the General preference pane or by clicking the “Scroll Speed” label in the Script Inspector.
- Words Per Line now has a number attached to it. This number is the average number of words per line in the script. Now you can adjust the words per line setting to a concrete number and be sure the script will be rendered in a way that you (or your talent) find preferable.
- Holding down the w or s key in the teleprompter window will now adjust the scroll speed. No need to repeatedly press and release those keys.
- We also fixed an embarrassing typo. (Which was very obvious – which makes it extra embarrassing).
The update is available now from our website. Mac App Store customers will have to wait 2 or 3 days till the app is through Apple’s review
Power Prompter is a modern teleprompter application for the Mac. Specially designed for small teams and solo content creators.