Power Prompter (Update 2020.1)
Bookmarks. Power Prompter now supports bookmarks within scripts. Now you can quickly jump between marked places in a script. For each bookmark an entry in the Bookmarks menu is created and the bookmark can be easily accessed via the CMD+[Bookmark Number] keyboard shortcut. Furthermore there's a new bookmark sidebar which you can open by pressing the new bookmarks toolbar item.
Bookmarks can be dropped via the Bookmarks -> Insert Bookmark menu item (and the associated keyboard shortcut CMD+K) or by prepending a * (asterisk) character to the beginning of a line in the script.
- Built-in keyboard shortcuts (space, backspace, up/down arrow) can now be re-assigned by the user.
- The teleprompter window has now a context menu (right click inside the teleprompter window).
- Teleprompter windows will now be automatically brought into the foreground when teleprompting starts. You can change this behavior in the General preferences panel.
- The teleprompter window's speed control is now less sensitive to mouse and trackpad scroll events (mainly to accomodate trackpad users better). You can change the sensitivity in power prompter's general preferences under Scroll Wheel Sensitivity.
- Rewinding and jumping to script locations is now instant. The animation has been removed because some users felt it was confusing and/or distracting.
- Improved performance of the scrolling engine. It should use even less CPU power now and scroll more smoothly on lower end Macs.
- Improved bluetooth remote control performance.
- The editor now won't scroll during teleprompting by default. We noticed performance degradation under macOS Catalina on some Macs which we can't fix as the problems lie within Apple's TextView control. That's why we disabled editor autoscrolling by default for now. You can re-enable editor auto scrolling in the View menu.
- The Background Image option has been moved from the Script inspector to the Overlay inspector.
- The CMD+L keyboard shortcut has been re-assigned to jump to the next bookmark. Previously this shortcut toggled editor auto scrolling.
- The SHIFT+CMD+L keyboard shortcut has been re-assigned to jump to the previous bookmark. Previously this shortcut toggled editor-teleprompter sync.
- The min and max scroll speed sliders have been unified into one to unclutter the UI.
- The reset buttons have been reworked.
- Fixed bluetooth remote control "blinking button" issue
Power Prompter (Update 2019.5)
- Scroll speed has units now. No more guessing - you have now concrete numbers to work with. The units are: lines/sec, lines/min, words/sec, words/min.
- The words per line setting now has a number attached to it.
- New min and max scroll speed settings. You can now limit how slow or fast the teleprompter will go at it's minimum/maximum scroll speed setting.
- Default scroll speed keybindings (w/s) now work when you keep the keys pressed. No need to press and release the keys repeatedly to adjust speed more than once.
- Fixed an embarrassing typo.
Power Prompter 3.0.3
This update improves compatibility with the upcoming macOS 10.14.5 update.
Power Prompter 3.0.2
This update fixes the Keyboard Shortcuts window. The window will now display correctly on all systems.
Power Prompter 3.0.1
New setting that determines how many lines to scroll with one key press in manual scroll mode.
Scroll line up/down shortcuts are now usable from the editor window.
Power Prompter can now react to key presses even when it is not the active application.
New default teleprompter key bindings: W and S to increase/decrease scrolling speed.
- Preferences panel now features help buttons.
- New keyboard shortcut cheat sheet window (help -> keyboard shortcuts).
- Updated and improved documentation.
Shortcut labels in teleprompter are now displayed correctly.
Power Prompter 3.0
- The editor is now usable during prompting. Ideal for small fixes and changes without interrupting the prompting session.
- Intelligent copy and paste: Copy and paste will now keep highlight colors, bold, italic and underline styles while the main text color is inverted to be visible on dark background.
- New reading line indicator.
- New "3 line blackout" overlay.
- The timestamp prompter widget can now show "time remaining". You can toggle between the modes by clicking on the timestamp in the prompter window.
- A new speed slider sensitivity setting has been added. You can now adjust how sensitive Power Prompter is to scroll wheel events. (Good if you have a devices that sends coarse events and you lack fine control over prompting speed).
- A new option to invert scrolling wheel direction just for Power Prompter. Ideal if you want to keep "natural scrolling" in macOS but would like to have the scroll wheel reversed in the prompter.
- Transport key bindings have been streamlined. Now everything related to key bindings is configured from the preferences panel. The "transport" menu is gone. Prompter widgets now also display their assigned key bindings.
- The "Screens" inspector has been extended. You can now remotely enable/disable UI controls and toggle timestamps. Also you can rename displays now and the display order will now stay the same when you restart the app.
- Custom inspector settings (like prompting speed, words per line, etc) will now be remembered and used as default for newly created scripts.
- Support for reading PDF files. (Due to PDF limitations not all styles can be imported. Importing PDFs with images, multiple columns, etc. will lead to undefined behavior. Keep your PDFs simple and everything should work).
- Lowered too high CPU utilization which was caused by the transport buttons redrawing too often.
- The macOS setting "Caps lock mapped to Control" now works with custom key bindings as expected.
- Background images will now be hidden properly.
- The color wells in the "Script" inspector have been improved to not change the background color unexpectedly.
Power Prompter 2.5.6
Re-worked the "UI style" preference to make the intent more clear. Now you can select between system default, light UI or dark UI.
Added "identify display" buttons to the "Screens" list. Especially helpful when you're using multiple of the same display model. Pressing the button will highlight the display by displaying a red blinking border around the screen. (The button is a toggle - so you have to press it again to make the blinking stop).
Fixed a serious performance problem that occured when manually adjusting scroll speed during teleprompting. This could lead to very choppy scrolling on lower-end Macs.
Fixed a bug that lead to the sidebar inspector not being updated correctly after opening a script from disk.
A note from the devs: We usually don't want to "spam" you with updates but the bugfix for the performance issue was too important to hold the update back.
Power Prompter 2.5.4
New indicator colors: Orange, Purple, Blue
Added support for native macOS Mojave "Dark Mode" while keeping pre-Mojave dark mode working for users who didn't update to the newest macOS version yet.
The direct download app bundle is now notarized by Apple and uses the new macOS "hardened runtime". Improving security and stability for all our users.
Fixed an issue where new teleprompter windows would open in a tab and not in a completely new window.
Power Prompter 2.5.3
2.5.4 pre relase. please disregard. beta users only.
Power Prompter 2.5.2
RTF/DOC import will now honor Italic and Bold font attributes
Power Prompter won't change the icon of imported files anymore
Custom keyboard shortcuts which contain Control or Option keys will now work in every window
New highlight option "Blackout": Darken non-highlighted text
New indicator color: Yellow
Power Prompter 2.5
Power Prompter now automatically remembers settings for scroll speed, prompter margin and words per line.
Sidebar scrollers are now automatically hidden when not required.
Fixed a crash that could be triggered by performing Undo in the editor during/after teleprompting.
Support for macOS Mojave dark mode has been added.
Power Prompter 2.4.8
This update improves importing from MS Word: Power Prompter will now import text colors you set in MS Word.
Power Prompter 2.4.4
This update fixes .docx and .rtf import bugs:
After adding support for .doc, .docx and .rtf file import we got a lot of feedback by users who were complaining that their imported scripts didn't line up between editor and teleprompter windows.
After some investigation we found the cause to be MS Word and other word processors adding special control tags to their documents which were meant for printing control and would display fine in the editor but would confuse the teleprompting engine.
That’s why we reworked the document import feature to now strip all style tags and just to import the raw text. All custom font settings, colors, sizes and font styles will now be ignored by Power Prompter when importing documents from other applications.
Power Prompter 2.4.2
This minor update adds the following improvements:
- Printing: You can now print your script directly from Power Prompter. Plese note that the font size will be set to 14pt to make the script fit on paper.
- One click prompting: You can now start/stop prompting by pressing the left mouse button anywhere inside the teleprompter window. This can be very helpful for solo prompting as you don't need to keep track of the mouse pointer this way. If you don't like this behavior you can disable it in the preferences panel.
- Word (.docx) export: We revised .docx export as MS Word kept ignoring certain formatting options. Export will now resize the font size to 14pt and change the text color to black. (This is neccessary as newer MS Word versions ignore document background colors so there's no other easy way to make sure your script stays readable).
If you think you have an idea how Power Prompter can be improved or you found a bug please dont hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
Power Prompter 2.4
With this update Power Prompter supports now saving of MS Word (.docx), RTF and Plain Text files.
You can now export your scripts from Power Prompter to these file formats via the "File -> Save As…" menu. Please note that MS Word ignores background color attributes and sets your script's background color to white. MS Word also ignores most formatting in "Print" or "Outline" mode. You should switch to "Web Preview" mode to display your script correctly.
If you want to keep maximum compatibility we suggest you export to RTF or Plain Text format as this can be read by most word processors without any issues.
We have also fixed a bug in the trial version which would limit the trial to approximately 4 days instead of 30 days. If you had this problem please apply this update as all trials have been reset to 30 days.
Power Prompter 2.3
This update adds support for MS Word (.doc and .docx) files. Power Prompter can now import your MS Word document files.
Please refer to our blog post about the details as there are some limitations to this functionality: Click here to visit our blog.
We also fixed a bug that would prevent changing font colors in some instances.
Power Prompter 2.2
Support for iCloud document containers added. Power Prompter should now have its own entry in Finder's iCloud library. This simplifies moving scripts between Macs.
User Interface elements have been refreshed. We updated the look and feel of some UI elements to make them fit better into modern macOS.
Power Prompter 2.0.1
This update fixes a bug that would end the 30 day trial in less than 30 days.
Power Prompter 2.0
Power Prompter 2.0 is here. With many changes under the hood that improve performance and stability. And a new feature that lets you create custom key bindings to control the teleprompter.
This version also changes the licensing system to a completely offline one. No more online activation needed - now you can run Power Prompter on Macs that are not connected to the internet and won't be bothered by the app asking you to re-activate it.
The licensing change should be completely transparent to all users. If you experience any issues (the app claiming not to be activated) please contact us.
You can read more about this change on our blog: https://suborbital.io/blog/upcoming-licensing-changes-power-prompter-2-0/
Oh, before we forget to mention it: This update is FREE for all our current customers! We felt a little bad for not adding many new features so we decided to make this major update free for all existing customers. :)
Power Prompter 1.5.4
We added a speed lock button to the teleprompter window. This button toggles whether you can change scrolling speed via the speed slider. Useful to prevent accidental speed changes.
Important - Please Update!
We're going to switch the licensing system soon. Please install this update to make your copy of Power Prompter ready for the new system.
Installing this update will make sure that your copy of Power Prompter will keep its "activated" status and you won't have to re-enter your license key again.